- TBO Staff
PA Fish & Boat Commission's Social Distancing Guidelines
In accordance with direction provided by the Governor, Pennsylvania Department of Health, and the CDC, the PFBC recommends that anglers practice social distancing while fishing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
· When bank fishing or wading, please keep a distance of at least 6 feet between you and the nearest angler.
· A good rule of thumb is that if you can turn your rod perpendicular on all sides of you without hitting anyone, that is a safe distance.
· If fishing with a child or children, advise them to not wander into the personal space of other anglers.
· Refrain from carpooling. Sharing a vehicle with others could put you at risk.
· Avoid crowds. If you arrive at your fishing spot that is crowded, find another location.
· Avoid sharing fishing gear with anyone. Each angler is advised to have their own fishing gear (bait, bait container, waders, gloves, hand towels, clippers, pliers, or other personal items).
· Remember to avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth; to clean your gear after using it; and to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water after fishing.
· If you are fishing at a state or local park, the restrooms may be closed to protect staff and visitors. Use the bathroom before you visit or dispose of waste properly. Carry out any trash, since there are limited staff at these facilities.
· Purchase your fishing license online at www.fishandboat.com.
· Continue to follow the guidance from the CDC below:
• Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
• Cover any coughs or sneezes with your elbow, not your hands.
• Clean surfaces frequently.
• Stay home to avoid spreading COVID-19, especially if you are unwell.